Monday, October 18, 2010

Michigan-Part II










Art and I had been planning a "surprise" 80th birthday party for his brother, Kenny, while we were in Michigan, including making arrangements for Matt to fly in to attend with his girlfriend, Ashley. What I didn't know was while Art was planning a surprise for Kenny, he was also planning a surprise for my 60th! When we walked into DeLuca's Restaurant and I saw my friends and family standing there, I was totally caught off guard! Everyone said I looked confused! Art said he knew I was surprised because I wore the same top my Aunt Barbara had seen me in the night before!!!!! Had I known she would be there, he figured I would have worn something different!

The party was wonderful, and it was so good seeing everyone, some of which I hadn't seen for at least 15 years! Art did a fantastic job arranging the party and had enlisted some help to pull it off. Cousin Jane assisted in gathering my family together, which included Aunt Barbara and cousins Shannon, Greg, Shelley, Scott, Greg IV, Ted, and his girlfriend, Jen. Dee Ann recruited our college group, which consisted of Rich, Lynn and Bob, Nancy and Gordon, Donna and David, Chris, Bernie and John, and Nancy and Gordon. Niece Carolyn and her husband Mick were essential in arranging for the Kluegel family and friends to be present, who were nieces Kathy and Debby, Carolyn's children Julie and Kevin, and friends, Siggy and Gerry. Last, but not least, Margo, got together Diane and Lori, who I had worked with at Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital. Art made sure friends, Dot, Frank, and Brett, and Sue and Rod attended. I am very lucky to have so many wonderful family members and friends! Thank-you to everyone, especially Art, for making my and Kenny's milestone birthdays so special!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment